Ewha Womans University
The University was founded by M. F. Scranton, a US Methodist missionary, in 1886, and Emperor Gojong named the university as Ewha Hakdang. The mottos are Jin, Seon and Mi. The University introduced the four-year curriculum in 1910 and renamed as Ewha Women’s College in 1925.
As attached organizations to Ewha Womans University Medical Center, there are Ewha Womans University Mokdong Hospital and Ewha Womans University Cancer Center for Women.
Ewha Womans University School of Medicine
Ewha Womans University School of Medicine is Korea’s first to provide modern education based on Christianity to female students.
It was established as part of national health development, to improve welfare for humankind and to promote doctors and medical scientist that can nurture and actively make a contribution to society.
Ewha Womans University School of Nursing and Science
With respect for mankind´s life and dignity and through care relationships we foster 21st century nurse specializing in women with scientific nursing skills essential for promotion of health and prevention of diseases, restoration of health, relief from pain and to promote well-being.
Ewha Womans University Graduate School of Clinical Dentistry
In order to help meet the increasing need for continuing dental education due to enhanced national welfare policies and globalization of the medical services market, Ewha GSCD provides training to female dentists in hospitals or in general dental practice. After undergoing further training and education, the students develop into specialists who can contribute to the development of specialized oral health management and the improvement of public health.